Guild Wars Game Update Notes - January, 2008
Update - Thursday January 31
- Improved Hero AI for the Monk skill, Holy Veil.
- Improved Hero AI for the Elementalist skill, Vapor Blade.
- Improved Hero AI for the Mesmer skill, Drain Delusions.
- Improved Hero AI for the Assassin skill, Mark of Death.
- Improved Hero AI for the Assassin skill, Augury of Death.
- Charr Bladestorms found in Guild Wars: Eye of the North now wield swords instead of axes to match their equipped skills.
- Damned Crewmen in the Shards of Orr now have Clamor of Souls instead of Destructive Was Glaive to remedy large spike damage that occurs when these creatures disappear during final boss encounter.
- Updated Automated Tournament map rotations.
- Fixed a bug in Eye of the North that could allow players to accept the Smell of Titan in the Morning quest before saving Captain Langmar, thus preventing these players from turning the quest in when completed.
- Fixed a bug with some male player armor combinations involving Chaos Gloves, Glacial Gauntlets, Destroyer Gauntlets, and Stone Gauntlets that could leave a gap at the left elbow.
Update - Monday January 28
- Made preparations for the Bonus Mission Pack, which is available for sale today at Noon Pacific.
Update - Thursday January 24
Victory or Death
- Fixed a bug that prevents the Guild Lord in GvG from charging into melee range when fighting the opposing Guild Lord.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Elementalist skill 'Unsteady Ground' to fail if its target died before the casting time completed.
- Fixed an incorrect error message for the Mesmer skill 'Simple Thievery'.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Mesmer skill 'Signet of Illusions' from applying the user's Illusion attribute to certain spell effects.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Monk skill 'Patient Spirit' from displaying its healed amount to the caster.
- Fixed a bug that caused a visible gap at the elbow when Obsidian Armor (Necromancer male) was worn with certain combinations of other armor.
- Fixed a bug in the quest named "A New Guide" that caused the quest log to show an incorrect location for Curator Ruras.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the character-select screen to display the selected character's home campaign incorrectly, and to falsely state that the character could not be used.
- Fixed a bug that caused distant Heroes to incorrectly display a change in Health instead of Energy when under the effects of some skills. For example, a Hero using Storm Djinn's Haste while beyond compass range would appear to lose approximately 10 Health per second instead of the actual 1 Energy per second.
- Made preparations for the Bonus Mission Pack to be sold via the in-game store.
Update - Wednesday January 23
Victory or Death
- The Guild Lord will now use his axe when combating other Guild Lords.
- NPCs during Victory or Death will do 30% more damage, and an additional 10% more damage each minute after Victory or Death.
- Aura of Stability: decreased duration to 3..10 seconds.
- Pious Assault: decreased activation time to .5 seconds.
- Fear Me: increased recharge time to 6 seconds.
- Sight Beyond Sight: reverted duration back to 8..20 seconds.
Update - Thursday January 17
We will be evaluating the following changes over the course of the next week. Additional adjustments may be made during that time period.
Guild versus Guild
- Victory or Death: reduced the damage bonus to +15%; removed the maximum Health reduction. Guild Lords now prioritize other Guild Lords over players as targets.
- Archers: now have Precision Shot.
- Footmen: now have Pure Strike.
- Knights: now have Warrior's Cunning.
- Viper's Defense: changed Skill type to a spell; increased casting time to .25 seconds; functionality changed to: "All adjacent foes are Poisoned for 5..20 seconds, you Shadow Step to a nearby random location."
- Heart of Shadow: functionality changed to: "You are healed for 30..150 Health and Shadow Step to a nearby random location."
- Scorpion Wire: decreased recharge time to 10 seconds.
- Caltrops: decreased recharge time to 10 seconds.
- Pious Assault: increased Energy cost to 10; functionality changed to: "You lose 1 Enchantment. If this attack hits, you deal +5..20 damage and inflict a Deep Wound for 5..20 seconds."
- Elemental Flame: increased Burning duration to 3..5 seconds.
- Glyph of Essence: decreased recharge time to 20 seconds.
- Chilling Winds: increased duration to 30 seconds.
- Wastrel's Worry: increased damage to 20..80.
- Mind Wrack: increased duration to 30 seconds.
- Kitah's Burden/Ethereal Burden: reduced recharge time to 30 seconds.
- Hex Eater Vortex: decreased damage to 30..90; increased recharge to 15 seconds.
- Divine Healing/Heaven's Delight: increased the area of effect to earshot.
- Patient Spirit: decreased duration to 2 seconds; increased healing to 30..120 Health.
- Restore Life: decreased casting time to 4 seconds.
- Renew Life: decreased casting time to 4 seconds.
- Vengeance: increased damage bonus to +25%; decreased recharge time to 30 seconds.
- Aura of Stability: decreased duration to 1..16 seconds.
- Signet of Agony: increased damage to 10..70.
- Wail of Doom: decreased Energy cost to 10.
- Spear of Fury: increased adrenaline gain to 2..6 strikes.
- "We Shall Return!": decreased Energy cost to 5.
- "Fall Back!": decreased Energy cost to 10.
- Power Shot: decreased activation time to 1 second.
- Precision Shot: decreased activation time to 1 second.
- Penetrating Attack/Sundering Attack: decreased activation time to 1 second.
- Magebane Shot: increased Energy cost to 10.
- Rejuvenation: increased Spirit's level to 1..16.
- Sight Beyond Sight: increased duration to 12..25 seconds.
- Sundering Weapon: now affects the next 3 attacks.
- Warmonger's Weapon: increased recharge time to 30 seconds.
- "Coward!": decreased adrenaline cost to 4 strikes.
- "You're All Alone!": increased duration to 8 seconds.
- Fixed a bug in the Eye of the North quest Kilroy Stonekin's Punch-Out Extravaganza! that occasionally prevented players who had regained full Energy from standing up after being knocked down.
- Fixed a bug in the Eye of the North quest Leader of the Pack that prevented some players from completing it.
- Fixed a bug with the Eye of the North PvE Skill Ursan Blessing that caused it to incorrectly replace some Skills when its effect expired.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a player's profession to appear using the wrong gender-noun on the character select screen in some languages.
- Added the option to bind keys that activate Hero Skills. These keys can be bound through the "Action: Order Hero (1-3) to use Skill (1-8)" option in the Control options panel (Menu> Options> Control).
- Updated the Hero AI for the Dervish Skill, Faithful Intervention.
Open Travel: Territory and District UI Changes
- As a continuation of last year's "Territory and District UI Changes" that saw language district restrictions removed for America and Europe, we are now removing restrictions on travel to Asian language districts.
- In this update restrictions to Korean language districts will be removed and players of American, European and Korean districts will be able to travel back and forth between these language districts.
- Restrictions on travel to Japanese and Taiwanese language districts will be removed in a subsequent build.
Update - Friday January 11Bug Fixes
- Fixed an exploit that could be used to introduce post-Searing items into pre-Searing.
Update - Thursday January 10
- Fixed a bug that removed temporary skills (such as Disarm Trap) from a player's bar when a Norn Blessing skill ended.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to use dungeon maps in non-dungeon areas, wasting the item.
- Fixed a bug that improperly Ascended a dead player if the Doppleganger died afterward in the Augury Rock mission.
- Fixed an exploit that could allow players access to certain locked outposts.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally made players appear to be carrying the Relic in the Hall of Heroes after dropping it.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Mesmer skill Waste Not, Want Not to fail when it should not have failed.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Dzabel Land Guardian from spawning in the Nightfall campaign.
- Made preparations for the upcoming GvG weekend event.
- Updated the appearance of the Wintersday Ice Crown.
Update - Thursday January 3Wintersday 2007 Hats
- Here's a special opportunity to get this year's Wintersday hats! Simply log into Guild Wars, visit a Festival Hat NPC, and ask him to make you either or both of the 2007 hats: the Wreath Crown and the Ice Crown. Once you've done that, the Festival Hat NPC will record your new possessions, and you can retrieve your crowns at any time. You can take advantage of this offer through Noon Pacific (-8 GMT) on Tuesday, January 8, 2008.