Enter the Dragon Festival!
Just over two hundred years ago, the Jade Wind changed Cantha forever.
After years of struggle, The Dragon Empire rose anew from the ashes of the devastation. To commemorate the rebirth of the Empire of the Dragon and the indomitable spirit of the Canthan people, the Dragon Festival is held every summer at Shing Jea Monastery.
All travelers to Cantha are invited to partake in the games, festivities, and quests, or just enjoy the wonders of the season.
The festival runs annually from June 27 to July 4 and features a visit from the Emperor himself!
Here's what you can expect to find at the Dragon Festival:
- The Shing Jea Boardwalk: Boost your luck by playing to win on the Boardwalk, or take a different path and play to lose!
- Rollerbeetle Racing: Visit the Rollerbeetle Racing Arena and enter your very own rollerbeetle racer into this game of high-speed insect action!
- The Dragon Arena: Test your skill against other players in the Dragon Arena—it's PvP with a Canthan twist!
- Special Festival Quests and Events: Imperial Guard Hanso in the Shing Jea Monastery is the man to see for a variety of festive quests and events!
- Victory Tokens: You’ll receive Victory Tokens while participating in festival activities, which can be redeemed for a variety of consumable items and special festival rewards!
- Canthan Culture: Embark on festival quests that recreate important battles from Canthan history with the finest actors in the Empire.
- Audience with the Emperor: Emperor Kisu himself appears to start the final reenactment of the festival, which features master actors in traditional Canthan theater masks. If this historical reenactment is completed successfully, the Emperor will express his satisfaction. If the Emperor is not pleased, things will not go as well...
Dragon Festival Extended Details
The Dragon Festival beings on June 27 with decoration and holiday drops. Games and quests open on
June 28 and are available for most of the week, but the reenactments occur on a set schedule
starting June 29. These missions are active for 30 minutes after each call to arms. Canthan Emperor Kisu
schedules his personal appearances every two hours on July 1. Though the reenactments are officially
complete after Emperor Kisu departs, games, decorations, and drops will continue until noon on July 4.
Be sure to join us for this exciting event. May the blessings of the Celestial Dragon be upon you!