Birthday Presents for Your Guild Wars Characters!
A birthday is a special time for anyone, and that includes your Guild Wars or Guild Wars Factions character. Bake a cake and light the candles—ArenaNet is happy to announce the introduction of Guild Wars Birthday Presents!
Once a year on your character's birthday (or the first time you log in with that character after his or her birthday), your character will be given a Birthday Present.
- A character's birthday occurs on the yearly anniversary of that character's creation.
- A Birthday Present is a one-use inventory item.
- It appears in your inventory as a wrapped and beribboned package.
- When used—that is, when you double-click the Birthday Present—it turns into a randomly selected Miniature Creature.
- Birthday Presents can be opened to reveal your Miniature Creature in a town or outpost.
- To learn how close your character is to a birthday, simply type /age into the chat interface and the number of months the character has been in existence will be displayed for you.
Miniature Creatures are collectible, tradable items that are revealed upon opening a character's Birthday Present. Each type of Miniature Creature has an icon depicting a portrait of a creature from within Guild Wars or Guild Wars Factions. When you double-click the Miniature Creature inventory icon, you spawn a miniature version of the original near your character.
- Miniatures can be used only in Explorable Areas.
- A character can own multiple Miniatures but can only display one at a time.
- Miniature Creatures have no collision, do not take damage, do not participate in combat, and do not trigger Soul Reaping when they disappear.
- Miniatures will follow their owner.
Not all Miniature Creatures are equally common. Rarity is denoted by the color of the Creature's name, which corresponds to the rarity of other items in the game. The colors, in increasing order of rarity, are:
- White. There are eight different white miniatures in each series.
- Purple. There are three different purple miniatures in each series.
- Gold. There are two different gold miniatures in each series.
- Green. There is one type of green miniature in each series.
No Miniature Creature will appear in more than one annual series of Birthday Presents.
On your character's all-important first birthday, you will receive one of the following Birthday Miniatures Creatures: