Guild Wars Super Fan Contest
Win an Invitation to the Guild Wars Nightfall Launch Party
October 17, 2006
Do you live and breathe Guild Wars? Do you hunt Charr in your dreams? Have you exchanged more words with Master Togo than with your family members? Do you have the Nightfall release date marked in permanent ink on your forehead? In short, are you a Guild Wars Super Fan? Well, this news is for you!
Our official Launch Party for Nightfall is coming, and you may be one of a lucky few to receive an invitation! If you win, you and a guest of your choice will be invited to attend the party, which will take place in Seattle from 7:00 p.m. to Midnight Pacific Time on Tuesday, October 17th. It will involve music, food and beverages, the world premiere of "The Making of Nightfall" video, and a little hands-on time playing Guild Wars Nightfall...10 days before release!
If you are a Seattleite, or if you are willing to cover your own travel and lodging expenses to get here, you can enter to win one of the twelve Super Fan Invitations. Here's what to do:
Send us your:
- Real Name (first/last)
- Street and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Guild Wars user name
- Date of birth
To be in the running for a Super Fan Invitation:
Email us a statement—no more than 50 words, please—telling us why you think you are an exceptional fan of Guild Wars, and why your name should be on that exclusive guest list for the Nightfall Launch Party. Send us poetry or prose, song lyrics or simply an earnest declaration of Guild Wars devotion. We want to hear what makes you a special devotee of the game, why you want to come to the party, and why we should send you one of just a dozen coveted invitations! Send your entry to email@example.com.
You must include the following in your entry:
In order for us to be assured that you will handle all transportation and accommodation needs that you may have, please include this statement in your entry: "I understand that if I am a winner in the Guild Wars Super Fan Contest I will receive only an invitation for myself and one guest to the party on October 17th. I understand that all travel and other related expenses will be my sole responsibility, or the responsibility of myself and my guest." Note: Only entries with this confirmation will be sent on to judging.
- One entry per person.
- Eligibility (age): As of October 1, 2006, contestants must be 21 years of age or older. (We're really sorry, but this restriction is necessary!) Proof of identity will be required before entering the party.
- Eligibility (exclusions): Employees of ArenaNet Inc., NCsoft Europe Ltd. and NCsoft Corporation (collectively, "Sponsor"), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and members of the immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they reside) or households of such employees are not eligible.
- Eligibility (location): Entries will be accepted from residents of the United States (excluding the State of Rhode Island, and excluding Puerto Rico) and Canada (excluding Quebec). Canadian residents who are selected will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes.
- Prize: There will be up to twelve (12) invitations distributed.
- Sponsor: The sponsor of the contest is ArenaNet, 10020 Main Street, #164; Bellevue, Washington 98004. The email address to which you should send your entries is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Judging: Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, style, originality, and presentation. Ties will be settled by a random drawing. Players will be asked to provide a photocopy of ID as proof of identity before being added to the guest list. The odds of winning this contest depend on the total number of eligible entries.
- Deadline: Entries must be emailed by Noon Pacific Time on Friday, October 6, and must be received by ArenaNet no later 6:00 p.m. on Friday, October 6, and must be in English. No other methods of entry will be accepted.
- Announcement: Winners will be contacted on or before October 10th. If a winner cannot be contacted at the submitted email address, or is contacted and does not respond by signing and returning to us for our receipt within the time indicated on the documents, an Affidavit of Eligibility (or, in Canada, a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules) and Liability/Publicity Release, or refuses or is ineligible to accept a prize, the prize may be awarded to the next highest ranking entrant on or about October 11, 2006. Any prize not claimed by one alternately chosen winner will not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods and services is permitted. Taxes on prizes (including, without limitation, income or withholding taxes or duties), if any, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
- By entering the Guild Wars Super Fan contest, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Conditions, (b) you warrant that your entry is your own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party, (c) you assign and agree to assign to ArenaNet all rights, title and interest, including, without limitation, copyright, in or to your entry, and (d) if required in your country of residence, you will sign a release giving rights for the work to ArenaNet. Entries become the property of ArenaNet and will not be returned.
- ArenaNet cannot be held responsible for any lost, late, or misdirected email. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor's judgment, are inappropriate or offensive, will disqualify an entry. Sponsor has the right to terminate, suspend or modify this contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice, if, in Sponsor's judgment, the contest is altered, corrupted or cannot be completed as planned due to any conditions beyond Sponsor's control, or at Sponsor's reasonable discretion. Incomplete entries are invalid, and entrants with incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- Judges will be comprised of members of the ArenaNet staff. The decisions of the judges will be final.
- This contest is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law.
- Each Sponsor and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance, loss or use of any prizes awarded in this contest. You further agree that in any cause of action, Sponsor's liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and entrant agrees that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the U.S. Federal and State Courts of King County, Washington, U.S.A. You assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property or prize, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this contest or the acceptance, loss, shipment, or use of any prize awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error. All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the rules are final.
- The prize has no cash value.
© 2006 ArenaNet Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, ArenaNet and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.