Guild Wars Mini Mania Contest
North America—Fall 2007
North American players, rejoice! You now have not just one opportunity, but two, to get your hands on a Guild Wars miniature! As you may be aware, NCsoft Europe recently announced a partnership with various European publications that will give players the chance to acquire one of several Guild Wars in-game miniatures. North American players have an opportunity to acquire an all-new miniature in the PC Gamer Special Guild Wars Issue. In addition, we are offering the chance for U.S. and Canadian players to sign up on the Guild Wars website (www.guildwars.com) for a chance to acquire one of the hotter-than-hot items from previous miniature distributions: the various uncommon, rare, and ultra-rare miniatures such as the Oni and the Shiroken Assassin!
Here's How it Works
Once a month—in October, November, and December of 2007—we will make a random drawing of eligible players in Canada and the United States who have filled out the Mini Mania entry form on the website. 125 will be chosen each month, and each of those selected contestants will receive an access key for a Guild Wars miniature. We'll give more of the commons than the uncommons, and of course the rares and ultra-rares will be pretty hard to come by, but everyone will have an equal chance to win! Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
Here's What You Do
How do you get in on all this maxi goodness for mini collectors? Just sign up on the official website. We'll hold a drawing at the end of each month and, upon confirmation of eligibility, randomly distribute one of the following miniatures to eligible players from Canada and the United States:
- The Naga Raincaller
- The Long-Haired Yeti
- The Oni
- Shiroken Assassin
- Zhed Shadowhoof
Prize numbers are limited, and only one prize will be given per person over the entire period of the giveaway. See below for further information.
Official Rules and Conditions:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Enter on the official website (www.guildwars.com) where the form will ask you to provide your first and last name, your age, and your full residence address (including country), along with your telephone number (including area code), email address, preferred in-game character name (to be used for the winners list), and Guild Wars account (user) name.
- Submit your entry via the official form on www.guildwars.com.
- Any form of entry other than that described herein is void.
- Prizes will consist of an access key that makes it possible for a player to activate one of the following in-game miniatures on that player's account:
- The Naga Raincaller (maximum 90; 30 per month)
- The Long-Haired Yeti (maximum 90; 30 per month)
- The Oni (maximum 90; 30 per month)
- Shiroken Assassin (maximum 45; 15 per month)
- Zhed Shadowhoof (maximum 45; 15 per month)
- Vizu (maximum 15; 5 per month)
There is no cash value for any prize.
- Limit of one prize per contestant and one prize per household. An individual can only win once during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entries will result in disqualification.
- Eligibility (age): As of September 30, 2007, North American contestants must be 13 years of age or older.
- Eligibility (exclusions): Employees of ArenaNet Inc. and ( "Sponsor"), and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, contractors, advertising, promotion, and publicity agencies, and members of the immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings, and spouse, regardless of where they reside) or households of such employees are not eligible.
- Eligibility (location): Entries will be accepted only from legal residents of the United States and Canada. (U.S. Exceptions: the State of Rhode Island, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, military installations, and commonwealths; Canadian Exceptions: Quebec.) (Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prize.)
- Duration: The Sweepstakes begins at Noon Pacific on October 5, 2007 and ends at Noon Pacific on December 31st (the "Sweepstakes Period").
- Prize: A maximum of 375 prizes will be awarded over the course of the three drawings; a maximum of 125 will be given per month, as follows: Naga Raincaller (maximum 90; 30 per month); Long-Haired Yeti (maximum 90; 30 per month); Oni (maximum 90; 30 per month); Shiroken Assassin (maximum 45; 15 per month); Zhed Shadowhoof (maximum 45; 15 per month); Vizu (maximum 15; 5 per month).. Finalists will be listed on the website by name or in game name.
- Entries must be submitted for the monthly drawings at least 12 hours in advance of the drawing date. Entries for each month's random drawing must be received prior to Noon Pacific on the final day of the month and must be in English. Drawings will take place at Midnight of the final day of the months of October, November, and December. Participants need enter only once during the three-month sweepstakes period to be eligible for monthly prizes.
- Announcement: Winners will be announced on or before the 10th of the month following the sweepstakes month. That is, October winners will be announced by November 10, 2007; November winners will be announced by December 10, 2007; and December winners will be announced by January 10, 2008. If a winner cannot be contacted at the email address supplied, or is contacted and does not respond by signing and returning to us for our receipt within the time indicated on the documents, an Affidavit of Eligibility (or, in Canada, a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules) and a Liability/Publicity Release, or refuses or is ineligible to accept a prize, the prize will be forfeit and will not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods and services is permitted. Taxes on prizes (including income taxes or duties), if any, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners. If a winner is under 18 or a minor in his or her state/province/country of residence, his or her parent or guardian must sign the applicable release and other documentation. A list of winners can also be obtained by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to Guild Wars Mini Mania Contest, ArenaNet, Inc., 227 Bellevue Way NE #75, Bellevue, WA 98004. (Residents of Canada may omit return postage.)
- By entering the Guild Wars Mini Mania Contest, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Conditions, (b) you agree that Sponsor may post your character name (or real name) and country of residence on Sponsor's website and in any and all publicity and advertising for Sponsor, this Contest or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification, or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law, (c) you agree to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail, or email and (d) you agree to sign the documentation set forth in the announcement section above (and have your parent or guardian sign such documentation where applicable or requested by Sponsor).
- Sponsor cannot be held responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, unintelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected entries, which will be void. Sponsor is not responsible for hardware or software malfunctions, or lost or unavailable network connections. Use of a false name, username, mailing address. or email account will disqualify an entry and the individual who submitted the entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, can disqualify from this contest and any other contest conducted by Sponsor, any person who, in Sponsor's reasonable suspicion, tampers with the entry process or the operation of the website, or who otherwise violates these rules or any part of the Guild Wars User Agreement. The use of scripts or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited. Sponsor has the right to terminate, suspend, or modify this contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice, if, in Sponsor's judgment, the contest is altered, corrupted, or cannot be completed as planned due to any conditions beyond Sponsor's control, or at Sponsor's reasonable discretion. Incomplete entries are invalid, and entrants with incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
- This contest is void where prohibited, restricted, or taxed by law.
- Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and publicity agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss, or injury resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance, loss, or use of any prizes awarded in this contest. You further agree that in any cause of action, Sponsor's liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and entrant agrees that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the U.S. Federal and State Courts of King County, Washington, U.S.A. You assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property or prize, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this contest or the acceptance, loss, shipment, or use of any prize awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error. All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the rules are final.
- Sponsor: ArenaNet, Inc., 227 Bellevue Way NE #75, Bellevue, WA 98004.
© 2007 ArenaNet Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Eye of the North, ArenaNet, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.