Guild Wars Halloween Art Contest 2010
Put your imagination and talent to work by creating Halloween art with a Guild Wars® theme! Help us get in the spirit of the season by entering the sixth annual Guild Wars Halloween Art Contest before 12:00 Noon PDT, October 22, 2010!
How to Enter:
Create a unique piece of Guild Wars art that celebrates Halloween or the fall season. For this contest, we have a pretty broad definition of the word “art”—as long as it’s creative and brings a Halloween twist to Guild Wars, or brings a Guild Wars twist to Halloween, we’ll consider it.
Here are some examples:
- Carve a pumpkin or create a template for other pumpkin carvers.
- Make your own Guild Wars Halloween costume.
- Design a Guild Wars Halloween desktop image or wallpaper.
- Decorate a cake, bake some cookies, or build an edible haunted house.
- Decorate your home in a Guild Wars theme.
- Construct a Guild Wars Halloween prop or decoration.
Those submitting a costume to the Guild Wars Halloween Art Contest will be entered in the Costume Category for consideration.
Submit a jpeg image of your original work (scanned or photographed) or a saved file of your computer-generated art and attach it to an e-mail. Whenever possible, please use compression to reduce the file size. We strongly encourage you to submit your work electronically rather than via postal mail.
Make sure to include your first and last name, age, full mailing address (including country), and a valid, preferred e-mail address with your entry.
If you wish to be mentioned by "handle" or in-game name rather than your first and last name, please indicate your preference in your entry. Provide us with your handle or in-game name in addition to the information listed above.
Submit your entry to: email@example.com. Please be sure to use "Guild Wars Halloween Art Contest 2010" as the subject line. If you would prefer to send your entry via postal mail, use the following address:
Guild Wars Halloween Art Contest
227 Bellevue Way NE #75
Bellevue, WA 98004 USA
No other methods of entry will be accepted.
Remember: all entries must be received before 12:00 Noon PDT, October 22, 2010!
Prizes: 23 winners (3 Top Winners, 3 Top Winners (Costume Category), 7 Winners, and 10 Honorable Mentions) will receive one of the prizes below. The 3 Top Winners, 3 Top Winners (Costume Category), 7 Winners, and 10 Honorable Mentions will also have their creations displayed on the Guild Wars website. (The total estimated retail value of all prizes is approximately $830 US. Cash alternatives are not available.) The prizes are as follows:
Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, style, and the melding of Halloween into a Guild Wars theme.
Deadline for entries to be received is 12:00 Noon PDT on Friday, October 22, 2010.
Winners will be announced on or around October 29, 2010 and will be posted on www.guildwars.com.
- One entry per person.
- Originality: Entries must be the original creation of the contestant and cannot be taken from any other source. Your submission must not infringe on any patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, or any privacy, publicity or publishing rights of any third party, or be libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law. Please, no clip art, tracings, or art from other sources such as games, movies, or books.
- Eligibility (age): As of October 1, 2010, all contestants must be 13 years of age or older. Due to legal requirements, European contestants must also be 18 years of age or older as of that date, or must have a parent or guardian enter in the minor's name.
- Eligibility (exclusions): Employees of ArenaNet, Inc., NC Interactive, Inc., NCsoft Europe Ltd., and NCsoft Corporation (collectively, “Sponsor"), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and members of the immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they reside) or households of such employees are not eligible.
- Eligibility (location): Entries will be accepted from legal residents of the United States (excluding the State of Rhode Island, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, military installations and commonwealths), Canada (excluding Quebec), and Europe. (Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prize.)
- Prize: There are twenty (23) prizes available. The Three Top Prize Winners, Three Top Prize Winners (Costume Category), Seven Winners, and Ten Honorable Mentions will have an image of each of their projects posted on the official website when the winners’ announcement is made. In addition, winners will receive prizes as outlined in the Prizes section above.
- Judging: Entries will be judged equally on the basis of creativity, style, and the melding of Halloween into a Guild Wars theme.
- Deadline: Entries must be received by 12:00 p.m. PDT on Friday, October 22, 2010.
- Announcement: Winners will be announced on or around October 29, 2010 and will be posted on www.guildwars.com. If a winner cannot be contacted at the e-mail address they submitted, or is contacted and does not respond by signing and returning to us for our receipt within the time indicated on the documents, an Declaration of Eligibility (or, in Canada, a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules) and Liability/Publicity Release, or refuses or is ineligible to accept a prize, the prize may be awarded to the next highest ranking entrant on or around November 5, 2010. Any prize not claimed by one alternately chosen winner will not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal value. Taxes on prizes (including, without limitation, income or withholding taxes or duties), if any, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners. If a winner is under 18 or a minor in his or her state/province/country of residence, his or her parent or guardian must also sign the applicable release and documentation.
The winners of this contest will be posted on www.guildwars.com on or around October 29, 2010. A list of winners can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Guild Wars Halloween Art Contest 2010
227 Bellevue Way NE #75
Bellevue, WA 98004 USA
By entering the Guild Wars Halloween Art Contest 2010, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Conditions, (b) you warrant that your entry is your own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party, (c) you assign and agree to assign to ArenaNet, Inc. all rights, title and interest, including without limitation all copyright and other intellectual property rights, in or to your entry, (d) you agree that Sponsor may post your user or forum name and/or real name and hometown on any or all of Sponsor's websites and in any and all publicity and advertising for Sponsor, this Contest or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law, (e) you agree to be contacted by Sponsor or its agents by telephone, mail or e-mail, and (f) you agree to sign the documentation set forth in the announcement section immediately above (and have your parent or guardian sign such documentation where applicable or requested by Sponsor). Entries become the sole and exclusive property of ArenaNet, Inc. and will not be returned.
Sponsor cannot be held responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected entries, which will be void. Sponsor is not responsible for hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections. Use of a false name, username, mailing address or e-mail account will disqualify an entry and the individual who submitted the entry. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor's judgment, are inappropriate or offensive, will disqualify an entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, can disqualify from this contest and any other contest conducted by Sponsor, any person who, in Sponsor's reasonable suspicion, tampers with the entry process or the operation of the web site, or who otherwise violates these rules or any part of the Guild Wars User Agreement. Sponsor has the right to terminate, suspend or modify this contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice, if, in Sponsor's judgment, the contest is altered, corrupted or cannot be completed as planned due to any conditions beyond Sponsor's control, or at Sponsor's reasonable discretion. Incomplete entries are invalid, and entrants with incomplete entries will be disqualified.
Judges will be comprised of members of the Sponsor's staff. The decisions of the judges will be final.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, RESTRICTED OR TAXED BY LAW.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may edit and modify any submission at any time, including before posting. Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance, loss or use of any prizes awarded in this contest. You further agree that in any cause of action, Sponsor's liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and entrant agrees that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the U.S. Federal and State Courts of King County, Washington, U.S.A. You assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property or prize, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this contest or the acceptance, loss, shipment, or use of any prize awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error. All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the rules are final.
© 2010 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Eye of the North, and ArenaNet and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.