Guild Emblem Contest Rules
How would you like to make a little Guild Wars history? The Guild Wars Team would like to invite all Guild Wars fans to participate in our Build a Guild Emblem contest. You’ve played Guild Wars and you know how the emblems help to distinguish one guild from another. Well, now we want to invite all Guild Wars fans to design a new and attractive guild graphic and submit it to us for judging. The prize? Up to 10 of the best symbols will be placed permanently into the Guild Wars emblem catalogue and will appear in the release version of the game!
Official Rules and Conditions:
- Print your emblem on a sheet of paper no larger than 8.5 x 11, or A4 size, and submit to:
Guild Emblem Contest
10020 Main Street, #164
Bellevue, WA 98004 USA
- Mark the printed emblem sheet with your first and last name, your age, and your city, state, and country.
- The use of color in your submitted image is entirely your choice. The Guild Wars Guild Icon system has built-in color choices, so a black and white image is as likely to win as a color image.
- Submit the icon or emblem only; you do not need to supply a cape or any other background image.
- One entry per person; multiple entries will result in disqualification.
- Entries must be the creation of the contestant and cannot be taken from any other source.
- Contestants must be age 13 or older.
- Prize: Winners will have their guild emblem included in the release version of Guild Wars.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, style, originality and presentation.
- Deadline for entries: Must be received by Monday, February 17, 2005.
- Winners will be announced on or before March 4, 2005.
- By entering into the contest, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Conditions, (b) you warrant that your entry is your own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party, and (c) you assign and agree to assign to ArenaNet all rights, title and interest, including copyright, in or to your entry. Entries become the property of ArenaNet and will not be returned.
- ArenaNet cannot be held responsible for any lost, late, or misdirected mail.
- Guild emblems will not be reserved exclusively for the use of any particular guild, so contestants should be aware that the emblem of their design will go into the library of available emblems and may be used by more than their own guild.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- There is no cash value for the prize.
- This contest is void where prohibited.