Brand the Boss Contest - Rules
The Brand the Bosses contest has ended. We thank the thousands of Guild Wars fans who submitted a name for the contest. Watch for the list of winners by August 10th!
Click here for a list of winners
You probably know that this summer, we're going to be exploring Grenth's Footprint and Sorrow's Furnace in a large rollout of free expanded Guild Wars content. What you may not know is that inside these areas reside some of the meanest, nastiest boss monsters you’ve ever met. They are members of the infamous slaver race called the Stone Summit Dwarves.
The bosses number six, and each one is adept at the individual arts of the Guild Wars professions: Elementalist, Mesmer, Monk, Necromancer, Ranger and Warrior.
The Guild Wars Team would like to invite players from around the world to participate in a new contest: Brand the Bosses. Consider some of the classic Guild Wars monster names: Toris Stonehammer, Saris Headstaver, Gornar Bellybreaker, and Riine Windrot. Then, send us your best idea for one (1) Stone Summit boss monster name. The half dozen fans whose names are selected will see their monster names immortalized within Guild Wars, and will receive spiffy Guild Wars gifts, too!
Official Rules and Conditions:
- Submit your boss monster name via email. Names will be accepted in English, French, German, Italian, Korean, and Spanish. (For ease of judging, please provide an English-language translation, when possible, for non-English names.)
- Names should be appropriate for a global audience, and for players of all ages and cultures.
- Names should be provided as first and last name, as in the examples above.
- Include your first and last name, your age, and your city, state, postal code (if any) and country in the email.
- If you are a winner and wish to be mentioned by "handle" or game name rather than your first and last name, please indicate your preference in your entry email and provide your handle or in-game name.
- Submit your entry to this address: email@example.com. Please use "Guild Wars "Brand the Bosses" Contest" as the subject line.
- One entry and one suggested name per person. While there are six boss monsters, contest participants are submitting a name for just one of them.
- Contestants must be age 13 or older.
- Prizes: Six (6) winners will have their boss monster name included in the game, and will receive a prize package from the Guild Wars Team that will include:
- An exclusive Guild Wars Team t-shirt
- A Guild Wars hat
- A copy of the game signed by the development team
- Up to six (6) Honorable Mention recipients may also be chosen, at the discretion of the judges. Honorable mention recipients will receive an exclusive Guild Wars t-shirt.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, style, and applicability to Guild Wars.
- Deadline for entries is 6:00 p.m. PDT on Friday, July 29th (1:00 AM GMT, 11:00 AM Seoul, on Saturday, July 30th).
- Winners will be announced on or before August 10, 2005.
- By entering the contest, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Conditions, (b) you warrant that your entry is your own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party, including published works by other individuals, companies or entities, and (c) you assign and agree to assign to ArenaNet all rights, title and interest, including copyright, in or to your entry. Entries become the property of ArenaNet and will not be returned.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- The actual cash value of the prizes is estimated at less than $100. If there are taxes associated with the receipt of the prize, they are the responsibility of the winner.
- This contest is void where prohibited.