Battle Report Contest Rules
The Guild Wars Team would like to invite all of you who participated in the World Preview Event and Beta Weekend Event to submit your best battle report for consideration in our Guild Wars Battle Report Contest. We will select the ten best combat stories based on Guild-versus-Guild warfare. The ten best stories will be immortalized on our website, and the writers of these heroic tales will receive an invitation to become a Guild Wars Alpha Tester.
Official Rules and Conditions:
- Reports for the Guild Wars Battle Report Contest should be based on guild-versus-guild battles that took place on the Guild Hall Map.
- Stories will be accepted, in English, in the following formats:
- Word document (.doc)
- Text File (.txt)
- Rich Text Format document (RTF)
- Submit your entry as a document attachment to an email. Place your first and last name, your age, and your city, state, and country in the email.
- Include the story title, your first and last name, your email address, and your city, state, and country on each page of your battle report.
- Entries should not exceed 1,000 words and should contain no images or tables.
- Submit your entry to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One entry per person; multiple entries will result in disqualification.
- Contestants must be age 13 or older.
- Prizes: Winners age 18 and older will receive an isnvitation to become a Guild Wars Alpha Tester; winners between ages 13 and 18 will receive their choice of an invitation to all upcoming Guild Wars Beta Weekend Events or a complimentary copy of Guild Wars.
- Winners age 18 and older who elect to accept a position as a Guild Wars Alpha Tester will need to execute a Non-Disclosure and Assignment of Inventions Agreement.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of content, creativity, style, and quality of presentation (grammar, punctuation and spelling).
- Deadline for entries: 5:00 p.m. PST Monday, November 22, 2004 (01:00 GMT Tuesday, November 23, 2004).
- Winners will be announced on or before November 30, 2004.
- By entering into the contest, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Conditions, (b) you warrant that your entry is your own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party, and (c) you assign and agree to assign to ArenaNet all rights, title and interest, including copyright, in or to your entry. Entries become the property of ArenaNet and will not be returned.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- There is no cash value for the Alpha Account.
- This contest is void where prohibited.