Guild Wars Factions Backstage Pass Event
March 9, 2006 - Seattle, Washington
We're having a press event to celebrate the pre-release of Guild Wars FactionsTM, and 12 lucky fans will be invited to attend! The event will take place in Seattle from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Pacific on Thursday, March 9th. It will involve music, food and beverages, swag, and a little hands-on time playing Guild Wars Factions.
If you are a Seattleite, and/or if you are willing to cover your own travel and lodging expenses to get here, you can enter to win one of the twelve Backstage Passes. Here's what to do:
Send us your:
- Real Name (first/last)
- Street and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Guild Wars user name
- Date of birth
To be in the running for a Backstage Pass:
Email us a statement—no more than 50 words, please—telling us why you think you should be included on the exclusive guest list. Poetry or prose, song lyrics or an earnest statement of Guild Wars® fanaticism, we want to hear why you want to come, and why we should send you one of just a dozen coveted Backstage Passes! Send your entry to email@example.com.
- One entry per person.
- Eligibility (age): As of March 8, 2006, contestants must be 21 years of age or older. Proof of identity will be required before entering the party.
- Eligibility (exclusions): Employees of ArenaNet Inc., NCsoft Europe Ltd. and NCsoft Corporation (collectively, "Sponsor"), and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and members of the immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they reside) or households of such employees are not eligible.
- Eligibility (location): Entries will be accepted from residents of the United States (excluding the State of Rhode Island, and excluding Puerto Rico) and Canada (excluding Quebec) (Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes).
- Prize: There will be up to twelve (12) invitations distributed.
- Sponsor: The sponsor of the contest is ArenaNet, 10020 Main Street, #164; Bellevue, Washington 98004. The email address to which you should send your entries is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Judging: Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, style, originality, and presentation. Ties will be settled by a random drawing. Players will be asked to provide a photocopy of ID as proof of identity before being added to the guest list. The odds of winning this contest depend on the total number of eligible entries.
- Deadline: Entries must be emailed by Noon Pacific on Friday, March 3rd, must be received by ArenaNet no later 6:00 p.m. on Friday, March 3rd, and must be in English. No other methods of entry will be accepted.
- Announcement: Winners will be contacted on or before March 6th. If a winner cannot be contacted at the submitted email address, or is contacted and does not respond by signing and returning to us for our receipt within the time indicated on the documents, an Affidavit of Eligibility (or, in Canada, a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules) and Liability/Publicity Release, or refuses or is ineligible to accept a prize, the prize may be awarded to the next highest ranking entrant on or about March 7, 2006. Any prize not claimed by one alternately chosen winner will not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods and services is permitted. Taxes on prizes (including, without limitation, income or withholding taxes or duties), if any, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
- By entering the ArenaNet Backstage Pass Event contest, (a) you agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Conditions, (b) you warrant that your entry is your own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party, (c) you assign and agree to assign to ArenaNet all rights, title and interest, including, without limitation, copyright, in or to your entry, and (d) if required in your country of residence, you will sign a release giving rights for the work to ArenaNet. Entries become the property of ArenaNet and will not be returned.
- ArenaNet cannot be held responsible for any lost, late, or misdirected email. Use of obscenities, racist, sexist, hateful or other material or depictions that, in Sponsor's judgment, are inappropriate or offensive, will disqualify an entry. Sponsor has the right to terminate, suspend or modify this contest, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice, if, in Sponsor's judgment, the contest is altered, corrupted or cannot be completed as planned due to any conditions beyond Sponsor's control, or at Sponsor's reasonable discretion. Incomplete entries are invalid, and entrants with incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- Judges will be comprised of members of the ArenaNet staff. The decisions of the judges will be final.
- This contest is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law.
- Each Sponsor and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns are not in any way responsible or liable for damages, loss or injury resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance, loss or use of any prizes awarded in this contest. You further agree that in any cause of action, Sponsor's liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest, and in no event shall Sponsor be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and entrant agrees that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the U.S. Federal and State Courts of King County, Washington, U.S.A. You assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property or prize, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this contest or the acceptance, loss, shipment, or use of any prize awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error. All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the rules are final.
- Cash value of prize is less than $100.
© 2006 ArenaNet Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, ArenaNet and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.