ArenaNet Announces the Guild Wars Factions Championship Open Event
Has your guild recently formed or did it finish the season outside of the top five? Do you want a final chance to compete for big prizes in the Guild Wars Factions Championship at Leipzig, Germany this summer?
Take on the best guilds from around the world! Show off your skills in front of the international press! Win the GWFC Open event and your guild will be on its way to compete for $100,000 in cash prizes!
Guild Wars Factions Championship Open Event
This tournament will be open to all guilds that have not yet earned a GWFC invitation at the end of the 3rd season and will offer them a last chance to receive an invitation to the Guild Wars Factions Championship.
- Any guild that has not already earned a Guild Wars Factions Championship Invitation may participate.
- The winning guild must be able submit a tournament roster of 8 members of that guild to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19, 2006 08:00 (a.m.) GMT. These 8 guild members must have been a member of the guild continuously from 08:00 (a.m.) GMT on June 9, 2006 through the end of their participation in the GWFC Open Event.
- Each member on this roster must send in the following information:
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Character names on their account
To be eligible for any tournament roster, the following requirements must be met:
- As of March 7, 2006, each player must be age 16 or older. Players under age 18 will be required to provide notarized written consent of a parent or legal guardian to receive prizes and/or to travel to the Guild Wars Factions Championship.
- Player must be able to travel without restriction to Germany.
- Player must execute the following: A Publicity Release, a Liability Release, and Declaration of Eligibility. For a player under age 18, a parent or guardian must execute the Declaration and Releases in addition to the player.
- Player must be a Guild Wars or Guild Wars Factions account holder in good standing and in compliance with the Guild Wars User Agreement.
- Player must comply at all times with the Guild Wars Factions Championship Rules and the Universal Guild Wars Tournament Rules.
- If a qualified guild does not provide a valid Tournament Roster or is otherwise unable to participate in the Guild Wars Factions Championship, ArenaNet may, at its discretion, reward the next eligible guild the 6th and final invitation.
- ArenaNet and NCsoft will provide air transportation and hotel accommodations for the 8 members of the Tournament Roster. Air transportation will be provided from the nearest major metro airport approved by ArenaNet and will be in coach class on an airline selected in ArenaNet's sole discretion. Once trip dates/times have been determined, no change or substitution of trip dates/times is permitted except at ArenaNet's sole discretion. If a guild member is under 19 in AL or NE or under 21 in CO, MS, PA or WV, or under 18 in any other state, such guild member must be accompanied by parent or guardian, at such member/parent/guardian's expense. ArenaNet and NCsoft will provide meals for the duration of the Guild Wars Factions Championship, a city tour of the championship city, and an international calling card to players. Players will be responsible for all other expenses.
- The Guild Wars Factions Championship will be held in Leipzig, Germany August 24-27, 2006. For details, click here.
Tournament Structure and Schedule
- On July 14, 2006 at 08:00 (a.m.) GMT the Tournament Ladder will be reset and all guilds will start out with a rating of 1000.
- For the next 72 hours, guilds will be able to compete against randomly paired (but weighted based upon ratings) guilds in single-game match play. At 08:00 (a.m.) GMT on July 17, 2006, the tournament ladder will be frozen.
- The highest ranked legal guild at the end of the GWFC Open Event will earn the 6th and final invitation to participate in the Guild Wars Factions Championship taking place.
All prize opportunities will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). This is a contest of skill and, therefore, there are no odds of winning as is the case with a game of chance. All applicable taxes, fees, duties, tariffs, passport or visa costs, and any license, destination, entry, exit and/or delivery charges are the sole responsibility of each player.
Release: By entering the ladder season or Guild Wars Factions Championship, each participant and the winner thereby releases ArenaNet, NCsoft, NCsoft Europe Ltd. and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies from any liability whatsoever, and waives any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the ladder season or Guild Wars Factions Championship or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and participants agree that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the U.S. Federal and State Courts of King County, Washington, U.S.A. All of Sponsor's decisions regarding the application and interpretation of the Rules are final.
Disclaimer of Liability; Certain Risks
Sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled, distorted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any event disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Guild Wars Factions Championship. There are risks inherent in travel and players who travel as part of the Guild Wars Factions Championship should take lawful steps to protect themselves from sickness, injury or crime and to protect their property from damage, theft or loss, which may include, without limitation, familiarizing themselves as to health, safety and security precautions, determining whether insurance coverage is adequate and timely obtaining prior to travel all immunizations and medication recommended by the player's qualified healthcare professional.
Promotion Sponsors: The sponsor of Guild Wars Factions Championship is ArenaNet Inc. Bellevue, Washington
© 2006 ArenaNet Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, ArenaNet and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.